スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

[Unit Project 1] My buddy

 

 My artifact is toe shoes. It is used when dancing ballet at lesson studio. It is made of cloth, paper and glue. The point of this shoes and sole are hard so we can stand and dance on our toe. The color is pink. Its custom-made shoes made by a company in Tokyo. The size of shoes is 22 cm and three fourths. 

 I have bought several pairs of toe shoes because I use it a lot for practice. If I use it a lot in practice, toe shoes break, and I can't stand on top of it, so I buy several pairs of toe shoes a year. I bought the shoes in this spring for stage in this summer. To buy the shoes, I measured my foot size and width and sent them to the company. The company made and sent me the shoes that fit my feet perfectly. Since I started using toe shoes, I have practiced a lot of rotations and jumps. There were a lot of difficulty, I can grow with the shoes. 

 I started ballet when I was four years old because my mother's profession is ballet teacher. I grew up watching my mother dance ballet and I wanted to be like her. I started practicing with toe shoes when I was 10 years old, previously I used ballet shoes. Ballet shoes is made of close so It's easy to dance ballet. Dancing with toe shoes at young age may injure our feet so we used ballet shoes. Therefore, we tend to use ballet shoes when we are young.



 When I started practicing with toe shoes, I could not keep my balance and could not stand well. Also, the shoes were made differently from my usual sneaker, so my feet were not accustomed to them. In addition, I injured my toenails. I was very sad because I could not dance well, and my toenail was painful. I tend to run away from things which I couldn't do. Again, I felt like running away from ballet.

  I said, "I don't know how to do it well. I don't enjoy dancing anymore."

 However, my mother who is my ballet teacher said, "If you keep practicing and never give up, you will be able to do it."

 Thanks to her encouragement, I was able to keep practicing. Finally, I can stand on my toe shoes. Furthermore, I can face things which I'm not good at. I learned the importance of continuation. I became to like dancing ballet again.

 

 There are two problems with ballet. First, it is difficult to balance it with school club activities. Many people who learn ballet take the lessons at least twice a week because we must practice a lot to be good at it. Also, we take lessons almost every day of the week, especially before a stage or competition. It often takes until late at night. It's hard to miss lessons because I don't want to bothered with my friends who dance with me. Therefore, we can't have enough time for our club activities. However, club activities are important for learning group behavior, rules, and for making memories with friends. It is desirable for students to be involved in club activities as well as ballet.

  Second, a lot of money is needed to learn ballet. Not only we have to pay for monthly lessons, but we also need money for the stage. If you have sisters who learning ballet, it costs twice as much as normal. Furthermore, we'll need money for school.  In the upper grades of school, study in school gets harder and harder, especially math and English. Next, more children go to cram school. The closer the entrance exam, the more often they go to cram school and the more money they spend. Therefore, it is difficult for them to spend enough money for ballet. It's not good that some people want to continue ballet but can't. I think that the cost of ballet should be lower than it is now. For example, the cost should be reduced for children who take ballet with their sisters or for children who take ballet more than twice a week. It's important to create an environment where they can work on both your studies and what you want to do.

 

コメント

  1. Hi, I'm Rinko. I think it's amazing how much effort you put into ballet.

    返信削除
  2. Hi! I'm Yumeko from G class. The conversation between you and your mother is very nice! Your effort was conveyed from Part2.

    返信削除
  3. Your story is very interesting because I am interested in ballet. I thought it was difficult to take lessons.

    返信削除
  4. Hi! I'm Reno Matsushima. Your story is very good! I also did ballet as a club activity in high school. I never danced with pointe shoes, but I remember how difficult it was to practice the basics.

    返信削除
  5. I could learn that the importance of continuation from your story.

    返信削除
  6. Your mother's words are very good words and I think it's wonderful that you believed them and didn't give up.

    返信削除
  7. Your arifact is wonderful. It's true that doing something costs a lot of money. So I thought I should create an environment where it's easy to work on anything.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Christmas Disney

 Thank you for coming my blog!  Last weekend, I went to Tokyo to meet my friend. I hadn't seen her since this summer vacation so I was very happy. We went to Tokyo Disney Sea on Saturday. There were a lot of people because it hold christmas event.  Christmas decorations were everywhere in the park. They were so cute!! However, we arrived at the park too late to get passes to ride the attractions without waiting in line so we gave up on riding the attractions and went to buy souvenirs for our friends and our family. We bought same cap. It was designed with a squirrel character named Dale, and it was cute and warm! We wore it and went to the park. We ate a lot of food. My favorite food is chocolate flavored churro. It was very tasty! After eating the churro,  we stood in line for 3 hours to ride the attraction. The attraction called "soarin." Riding the attraction will make you feel as if you are flying through the air and traveling around the world. We were very impressed

Happy Halloween!!

Hi, Thank you for my blog! I'll talk about Halloween.🎃 October 31 was Halloween!! What did you do at Halloween? I had a Halloween party with my friends at October 30th because I had to work part-time at October 31th. We had a Halloween sweets party! My friends and I were too busy to prepare sweets in advance. However, One of my friends made a lot of sweets at home and brought them to the university! She made Chocolate Scone, cup cakes, and chocolate pie. Also, Cupcakes and chocolate pies were decorated lovely with chocolate pens. It's very tasty and cute! We ate them outside on a bench. The sun was setting and it was beautiful view. We enjoyed the party so much!!   Finally, I'll talk about the sweets I ate two months ago. Look at this picture! This is the Halloween version of afternoon tea.The tableware and ribbons were cute in Halloween colors! Afternoon tea has an image of being expensive, but we can eat this about 1000yen!! And it's delicious, so I recommend it!  Th